Job Title – Outsourcing Director
Location – Oxford UK, with international travel
BerGenBio is a clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company focused on developing transformative drugs targeting AXL as a potential cornerstone therapy for aggressive diseases, including immune-evasive, therapy resistant cancers, fibrosis and viral infection. The Company has offices and laboratories in Bergen, Norway and its clinical development team is based in Oxford UK.
This full-time permanent position is well suited to an individual who is an excellent communicator (fluent in English) with a can-do attitude, is a self-starter and takes initiative. You will play a critical role in maintaining the performance and success of the company by facilitating exceptional supplier performance and value. Leveraging in-depth knowledge of the bio pharmaceutical outsourcing and CRO / CDMO markets, best practice, and company requirements this role will identify, engage and manage cost-effective suppliers/service providers ensuring BerGenBio receive an outstanding performance and competitive edge.
Key responsibilities include:
- Acting as a main point of contact for outsourcing related activities, defining outsourcing needs and translating business requirements into procurement plans, specifications, RFQs, proposal evaluation, bid defence, contract award and negotiation.
- Leading outsourcing projects and defining objectives, resources, timelines, together with supporting the implementation of new processes and technologies related to procurement in collaboration with internal stakeholders.
- Managing supplier relationships in the respective area of responsibility; analyse risks and agree and manage risk mitigation plans, set up continuous improvement programs with suppliers/venders where relevant.
- Provide regular performance reporting, risks and issues. Follow up and follow through on Risk Mitigation actions.
- Negotiate commercial terms and conditions for contracts.
- Identifying market and commodity influences and integrate into negotiations.
- Responsible for the creation and monitoring of performance metrics, including cost, service, quality, value added, overspend, change orders, etc.
Our successful applicant will have a Bachelors’ Degree in a technical field (Chemical Engineering / Biotechnology or equivalent), have strong project management skills with outstanding organisational skills and an exceptional attention to detail. You will have significant experience in bio pharmaceutical outsourcing and service procurement. Experience of working in a GXP environment is essential. You will have also demonstrated proficiency in managing complex, cross-functional activities.
We offer a competitive salary, excellent pension and benefits package, flexible working hours and opportunities for development within the role and progression of your career. We have a strong, loyal and inclusive company culture, in a recent Employee Survey results show that BerGenBio employees appreciate their colleagues, working environment and want to continue being a part of the team.
We are an equal opportunities employer and ensure that all applications are treated appropriately and fairly and that, all things being equal, no candidate is rejected because of their age, gender, race, sexuality or any other protected characteristic.
To apply please send your CV and a covering letter, including your current salary and package details, to firstname.lastname@example.org. Closing Date for applications is Friday 11th June 2021. To apply you must have eligibility to work in the UK and not require sponsorship. No agencies please.