Bergen, Norway, 29 May 2018 – BerGenBio ASA (OSE: BGBIO) will host a conference call on Monday, 4 June at 8:30 AM CEST to present updated interim clinical and biomarker results from its ongoing Phase II development programme with selective AXL inhibitor bemcentinib. The data will be presented at the Annual American Society of Clinical Oncology (ASCO) meeting and at a reception hosted by BerGenBio (details below).
Conference call details:
The call will be hosted by BerGenBio senior management and take place on:
Monday, 4 June 2018 at 8:30 AM CEST.
To take part, please dial in 5-10 minutes prior to the scheduled start using below phone number and confirmation code 1068189:
Norway +47 2100 2608
United Kingdom +44 (0)330 336 9106
United States +1 323-794-2594
A slide deck presentation to accompany the call will be made available at www.bergenbio.com in the Investors / Presentations section from 8:00 AM CEST on 4 June 2018.
Presentations to be made during the annual ASCO meeting:
Saturday 2 June, 6:00 – 8:00 PM CDT, Chicago School of the Art Institute, Chicago, IL
BerGenBio private reception
- New interim Phase II clinical trial data with bemcentinib and selected pre-clinical data to be discussed by BerGenBio principal investigators and invited key opinion leaders
- For further details and to receive an invitation, please click here
Monday 4 June, 8:00 AM – 11:30 AM CDT, ASCO Annual Meeting, McCormick Center, Chicago, IL
- Interim clinical data from clinical trial ref. BGBC008 – Poster Board: #292, Abstract 3078
- Interim clinical data from clinical trial ref. BGBC003 – Poster Board: #80, Abstract 7020
- To be discussed at the Poster Discussion Session. 11:30 AM – 12:45 PM
- Biomarker study – Poster Board: #385, Abstract 2559
Monday 4 June, 1:15 PM – 4:45 PM CDT, ASCO Annual Meeting, McCormick Center, Chicago, IL
- Interim clinical data from clinical trial ref. BGBIL006 – Poster Board: #375, Abstract 9548
The posters presented at ASCO will be made available www.bergenbio.com in the Investors / Presentations section at the time of presentation.
About BerGenBio ASA
BerGenBio ASA is a clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company focused on developing a pipeline of first-in-class AXL kinase inhibitors as a potential cornerstone of combination cancer therapy. The Company is a world leader in understanding the essential role of AXL kinase in mediating aggressive disease, including immune evasive, drug resistant, metastatic solid and haematological cancers.
BerGenBio’s lead product, bemcentinib (BGB324), is a selective, potent and orally bio-available small molecule AXL inhibitor in four Company sponsored Phase II clinical trials in major cancer indications, with read-outs anticipated during 2018. It is the only selective AXL inhibitor in clinical development.
The Company sponsored clinical trials are:
- Bemcentinib with TARCEVA® (erlotinib) in advanced EGFR mutation driven non-small cell lung cancer (NSCLC)
- Bemcentinib with KEYTRUDA in advanced adenocarcinoma of the lung, and
- Bemcentinib with KEYTRUDA in triple-negative breast cancer (TNBC).
- Bemcentinib as a single agent and combination therapy in acute myeloid leukaemia (AML) / myeloid dysplastic syndrome (MDS)
The clinical trials combining bemcentinib with KEYTRUDA in adenocarcinoma of the lung and TNBC are conducted in collaboration with Merck & Co., Inc. (Kenilworth, NJ, USA), through a subsidiary.
In addition, a number of investigator-sponsored trials are underway, including a trial to investigate bemcentinib with either MEKINIST® (trametinib) plus TAFINLAR® (dabrafenib) or KEYTRUDA in advanced melanoma, as well as a trial combining bemcentinib with docetaxel in advanced NSCLC.
BerGenBio is simultaneously developing a companion diagnostic test to identify patient subpopulations most likely to benefit from treatment with bemcentinib. This will facilitate more efficient registration trials and support a precision medicine based commercialization strategy.
The Company is also developing a diversified pre-clinical pipeline of drug candidates, including BGB149, an anti-AXL monoclonal antibody. For further information, please visit: www.bergenbio.com
KEYTRUDA® is a registered trademark of Merck Sharp & Dohme Corp., a subsidiary of Merck & Co., Inc., Kenilworth, NJ, USA, TARCEVA® is a registered trademark of OSI Pharmaceuticals, LLC., marketed by Roche-Genentech. TAFLINAR® is a registered trademark of Novartis International AG and MEKINIST® is a registered trademark of GSK plc.
Richard Godfrey CEO, BerGenBio ASA
+47 917 86 304
Rune Skeie, CFO, BerGenBio ASA
+47 917 86 513
Media Relations in Norway
Jan Petter Stiff, Crux Advisers
+47 995 13 891
International Media Relations
David Dible, Mark Swallow, Marine Perrier, Citigate Dewe Rogerson
+44 207 638 9571